Monday, January 28, 2013

Ipad 4 Wifi + Cellular with Retina Display

A few years ago, I swore that I will never get any type of  tablet. January 23, 2013, while walking aimlessly at the mall, I chanced upon the Samsung galaxy note 10.1. Since I traded my chance at Samsung note 2 for the iPhone 5, I felt like getting the samsung note would alleviate my feeling of "emptiness". Don't get me wrong, I do not regret getting the iPhone 5, though I've been used to bigger screens. The iPhone 5 is a monster of a phone, stuck in a small frame. Easy on the pocket, extremely sleek and elegant in my opinion. But I need a bigger screen for viewing my blog, my websites and my documents.

The Samsung galaxy note 10.1 LTE with S pen (Would've picked you if you had a better display than the iPad 4)

Three or four stores down, checking prices and better deals for the samsung note 10.1, I finally picked a store which sells it at P30,500 ($743.90) payable 12 months zero interest via any major credit cards. As much as I wanted to take it home without the opinion of my bro-in-law, as he would always say what I don't want to hear about something I want to buy, I had to. And he told me EXACTLY what I didn't want to hear. Get the iPad 4 or iPad mini. Crap. To make matters worse, after talking to him and listening to what he had to say, I asked the store agent if they had stocks available for the samsung note 10.1, and was told, they haven't had stocks since December 2012. Thinking it really wasn't meant to be, I went home empty handed, but went to check apple store and held the iPad 4 and iPad mini for the first time before heading home. Both felt fitting, but my heart went to the iPad 4 in black. I didn't go home with it that day. I had to research more about it by browsing through different websites and compare opinions. Needless to say, I dreamt of the iPad 4 in black that night. The following day, I left home with only one agenda in mind, to get the iPad 4 and successfully bring it home.

I bought the iPad 4 - 16Gb Wifi + Cellular in black color.

COLOR-I prefer the black unit as the pictures, videos and the display itself looks better in terms of contrast in my opinion. It's easier on the eyes too. While the white unit looks pretty & sleek, I find the black one looks more professional-looking.

MEMORY 16Gb-believe me is enough storage for all my documents. I only save the ones that I need to take a quick peek while on the road or at a meeting. Other documents are safely stored in my laptop at home.

WEIGHT-weighing at 1.46 pounds (662 g), doesn't sound too heavy, but with my small frame, it can be heavy on the hand, and the shoulders after a while. I like the big screen over the iPad mini, so I'll have to live with the extra weight.

CALLS & TEXTS-Though the iPad 4 cannot make regular calls & texts, (unlike the samsung note 10.1 which has a full phone capacity) through cellular providers(e.g Globe,smart,sun), it can still make free calls & texts via iMessage, Facetime, & Viber via Wifi & 3g/4g. I am assuming that iPad users either acquired their device with a 3g plan or have Wifi at home, that regular calls and texts won't matter as much.

DISPLAY/SCREEN-the graphics and details are amazingly seamless. Not perfect, but I'd choose the iPad 4's display over the samsung galaxy note 10.1 anytime of the day. The size of the screen at 9.7 inch, is perfect for me, though it may be too big for other people, I find that the screen is big enough to read through documents, view & appreciate pictures. Wherein the iPad mini, I feel is still a tad too small. It's only a few inches bigger than my samsung s3's screen. What I don't get is the Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating, because my iPad 4 has fingerprints all over the surface. The only way to resolve it is to have an anti-fingerprint matte screen protector installed, but I'll have to live with a non-impressive mock-of-a display. I think I can live with fingerprints!
  • Retina display
  • 9.7‑inch (diagonal) LED-backlit Multi‑Touch display with IPS technology
  • 2048-by-1536 resolution at 264 pixels per inch (ppi)
  • Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
IN THE BOX-I was surprised to see what I DIDN'T see. A headset. All I got is the lightning to USB cable and the Power adapter plus the iPad 4 unit. Really? Apple? 
  • iPad with Retina display
  • Lightning to USB Cable
  • USB Power Adapter

 Technical specifications: 

COLORS:
                       


MODELS:
                     

SIZE & WEIGHT: 





              
 
               Height:                                              Height:
     9.50 inches (241.2 mm)                    9.50 inches (241.2 mm)
              Width:                                               Width:
    7.31 inches (185.7 mm)                    7.31 inches (185.7 mm)
              Depth:                                               Depth:
    0.37 inch (9.4 mm)                           0.37 inch (9.4 mm)
              Weight:                                             Weight:
    1.44 pounds (652 g)                         1.46 pounds (662 g)
                                                                      Learn more about iPad with Wi‑Fi + Cellular
WIFI ONLY                                               WIFI + CELLULAR 


  • 802.11a/b/g/n Wi‑Fi (802.11n 2.4GHz and 5GHz)
  • Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology













DISPLAY
  • Model A1459*
    • GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
    • UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz)
    • LTE (Bands 4 and 17)
  • Model A1460*
    • CDMA EV-DO Rev. A and Rev. B (800, 1900, 2100 MHz)
    • GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
    • UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz) 
    • LTE (Bands 1, 3, 5, 13, 25)
  • Data only3
  • 802.11a/b/g/n Wi‑Fi (802.11n 2.4GHz and 5GHz)
  • Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology


  • Retina display
  • 9.7‑inch (diagonal) LED-backlit Multi‑Touch display with IPS technology
  • 2048-by-1536 resolution at 264 pixels per inch (ppi)
  • Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating


CHIP
 



Dual-core A6X with quad-core graphics

FaceTime HD Camera

  • 1.2MP photos
  • 720p HD video
  • FaceTime video calling over Wi‑Fi or cellular4
  • Face detection
  • Backside illumination
  • Tap to control exposure for video or still images
  • Photo and video geotagging

iSight Camera

  • 5MP photos
  • Autofocus
  • Face detection
  • Backside illumination
  • Five-element lens
  • Hybrid IR filter
  • ƒ/2.4 aperture
  • Tap to focus video or still images
  • Tap to control exposure for video or still images
  • Photo and video geotagging

Video Recording

  • 1080p HD video recording
  • Video stabilization
  • Face detection
  • Tap to focus while recording
  • Backside illumination
 
                          




  External Buttons and Controls           Connectors and Input/Output

  
POWER & BATTERY


WIFI
  • Built-in 42.5-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery
  • Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi‑Fi, watching video, or listening to music
  • Charging via power adapter or USB to computer system
WIFI + CELLULAR
  • Built-in 42.5-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery
  • Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi‑Fi, watching video, or listening to music
  • Up to 9 hours of surfing the web using cellular data network
  • Charging via power adapter or USB to computer system

TV AND VIDEO
  • AirPlay mirroring and video out to Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation)
  • Video mirroring and video out support: Up to 1080p through Lightning Digital AV Adapter and Lightning to VGA Adapter (adapters sold separately)
  • Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, High Profile level 4.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG‑4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format

IN THE BOX

  • iPad with Retina display
  • Lightning to USB Cable
  • USB Power Adapter




No comments:

Post a Comment