Sunday, August 11, 2013

Thermaltake Massive23 LX Laptop Notebook Cooler

A friend asked me to buy this for him in amazon.com, as he couldn't find one here in the Philippines.

A few days ago, I went ahead and bought a laptop. I wasn't really thinking of getting a cooler or other accessories for it because besides getting it at a bargain price, it came along with a free Logitech M185 Wireless Mouse and a really nice Sennheiser HD201 Hi-Fi Headphones. All I needed was a mouse pad. Until I realized, I do most of the typing on the bed, (not advisable I know). Laptops have little feet underneath which raises the base a couple of centimeters to allow the vent to "breathe". Placing a laptop on a soft surface, will cause the laptop to "sink", thereby completely obstructing the vent. The laptop can easily overheat because of this. So I decided to get a cooler, not really to "cool" the laptop, but I needed something flat and hard to place my laptop on when I'm using it on the bed. I wasn't really interested on a particular brand.

I accidentally found it in PC Express Southmall. Cash price is P1,150.00, credit card price is P1,230.00. When I took the thing out of the box, I thought it looked familiar, so I checked my friends order, and confirmed that it's the exact same thing. Not really that bad, except, he'll have to wait till late September for his.

 Thermaltake Massive23 LX Laptop Notebook Cooler Oversized 230mm Blue LED Fan USB CLN0015-Price: $29.99 FREE Shipping in amazon.


Overall, it looks and feels like it's going to last, made with light but sturdy material. The fan is huge! Cooling capacity is okay, but I expected better. The blue led lights are actually kind of cool, you can turn it off independently if you just want to use the fan. It has two usb ports (2.0) on the left upper side. Fits 10-17" laptops. Will recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment